At Joseph Locke we take attendance and punctuality very seriously. Our attendance target for 2019-2020 is 97% for the whole school. School opens at 8:50am Monday-Friday and we expect children to be on time for class everyday.
We are working extremely hard to increase our attendance and punctuality figures and this will continue throughout the school year! Some of the strategies we are currently using include:
· Breakfast club
· Early morning phone calls for persistent late comers/non-attenders (starting at 8.30am)
· Dynamic punctuality door (Greeting parents and children outside the school gates)
· Door knocking (visiting the homes of late comers/ non-attenders)
· Weekly class attendance and punctuality awards.
· End of half term most improved child.
· End of half term attendance assembly
If you have any issues regarding attendance/punctuality please speak to our attendance officer Mrs Parkin
Please see below document which details the 16 most common illnesses that can be encountered whilst at school and the recommended period that children should stay off school for should they contract any of these illnesses.
Our fabulous school uniform comprises of:
Cardigans, Jumpers, Polo Shirts and Fleeces can be ordered at the school office.
PE Kit: Required from FS2 throughout school.
PE Kits can be purchased from the school office.
Your child/ren will be given a water bottle to use in class, and a blue bag for their indoor pumps.
Educational visits often require sturdy footwear or waterproof clothing however, parents will be advised by letter according to the activity.
No jewellery other than stud earrings may be worn for school.