At Joseph Locke we take attendance and punctuality very seriously. Our attendance target for 2017-2018 is 97% for the whole school. School opens at 8:50am Monday-Friday and we expect children to be on time for class everyday.
We are working extremely hard to increase our attendance and punctuality figures and this will continue throughout the school year! Some of the strategies we are currently using include:
· Breakfast club
· Early morning phone calls for persistent late comers/non-attenders (starting at 8.30am)
· Dynamic punctuality door (Greeting parents and children outside the school gates)
· Door knocking (visiting the homes of late comers/ non-attenders)
· Weekly class attendance and punctuality awards.
· End of half term most improved child.
· End of half term attendance assembly
If you have any issues regarding attendance/punctuality please speak to our attendance officer Mrs Parkin
Our fabulous school uniform comprises of:
Cardigans, Jumpers, Polo Shirts and Fleeces can be ordered at the school office.
A PE kit is not required for children in Lower Foundation Stage (Nursery) but as they move into Upper Foundation Stage (Reception Class), Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, a PE kit will be required which comprises of:
PE Kits can be purchased from the school office.
Your child/ren will be given a water bottle to use in class, and a blue bag for their indoor pumps.
Educational visits often require sturdy footwear or waterproof clothing however, parents will be advised by letter according to the activity.
Stud earrings are the only jewellery which can be worn for school. Other types of jewellery can pose a hazard when children are playing etc. Earrings have to be removed by the pupil for PE/Games and for this reason it is advisable to leave them at home on the relevant days.